Military Book Scholarships
The University of Arkansas proudly offers scholarships to support current and former members of the United States Armed Forces as well as dependents of military service members. Students from all academic majors and disciplines are encouraged to apply. These scholarships are only awarded to currently enrolled students at the University of Arkansas. This program awards at least 10 $500 scholarships each fall and spring semester.
- Deadline for Fall Semester funding – April 1
- Deadline for Spring Semester funding – November 1
To be considered for the University of Arkansas Military Book Scholarship, a student must be:
- A currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student having completed or will soon complete one term at the University of Arkansas
- In good academic standing with the University
- A current or former member of the United States Armed Forces (documented by a DD 214 or statement from the student's current commanding officer), or a dependent (spouse or child) of a current or former member of the United States Armed Forces (documented by a DD 214 or statement from the sponsor's current commanding officer)
- Have on file a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a new or
updated FAFSA can be submitted here
- Please note that having a FAFSA on file does not affect any aspect of your VA or Military education benefits
- Planning to enroll as a full-time (12 hours), degree-seeking undergraduate student for the upcoming semester, or planning to enroll as a degree-seeking graduate student with at least 6 hours for the upcoming semester
- ROTC cadets are not eligible unless they are prior service members and can verify their service with a DD 214
The Military Scholarship Committee of the Academic Scholarship Office at the University of Arkansas will review all applications and consider the merit of the applicants' financial need, academic achievement, and proximity to graduation. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the Committee's decisions approximately 60 days after each deadline.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address.
- Print and fill out as directed one of the applications below for the specific semester that you would like funding for.
- Completed applications and any other supporting documents should be sent to:
Academic Scholarship Office
Attn: Military Book Scholarship
114 Silas H. Hunt Hall
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Numerous opportunities exist in each College and Academic Department on campus. The Academic Scholarship Office strongly encourages you to visit the College and/or Academic Department in which your academic major is housed.
- College and/or Academic Department Scholarships
- Outside Scholarships
- Alumni Association Scholarships
Please contact Garrick Hildebrand